Do you, or does someone you know, need help with daily living?
A new website called Our Dorset, Adult Social Care website https://adultsocialcare.dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/ gives people help and support they need to live safe and independent lives.
The site is designed to provide at-a-glance information to answer some of the most common queries people have when contacting adult social care and health services, including:
- how to apply for or renew a Blue Badge
- how to report a concern about someone who is vulnerable
- guidance on financing and paying for care
- finding equipment and care technology to live independently at home
The website is easy to navigate and offers joined-up advice and guidance from Dorset’s local NHS, council and community organisations.
Key features of the site include:
- the directory of local services which helps people looking for support to filter their search based on the area where they live or the type of help they need
- equipment house – an interactive tool that can be used to explore the range of equipment available to help people stay independent at home. Click on a room that you need some help in to find details of products and how you can buy them
- community map – an alternative way to help people connect with their local community. It can help with finding a home, employment or volunteering opportunities, or joining a social group or local library
- you can also find information about care technology to help you at home, such as GPS location devices, panic alarms and sensor linked equipment