At Lifeboat Quay Medical Centre we have a health coach, Lyndsey Rogers, as part of our team. Lyndsey supports people with long term health conditions, or carers to develop the knowledge, confidence and skills to manage their health condition and the impact it has on their day to day life. She does this through one to one sessions, by exploring what is important to the person, supporting problem solving and exploring ideas and options to help the person set goals. Conversations focus on common themes such as managing pain or fatigue, managing difficult emotions or the practical aspects of day to day life.
At Lifeboat Quay Medical Centre we have a health coach as part of our team. Clinical healthcare professionals like doctors and nurses can be really important to help us manage the medical aspects of our health, and health coaches can help us manage the emotional and practical impact in our day to day life.
Lots of patients and their carers say how hard it is when healthcare professionals only have ten minutes, but health coaches have up to 45 mins for each session to listen to you and support you
Lyndsey can be there to support people with health conditions (or carers) to feel more confident, and have lots of experience talking about a whole range of subjects:
- managing pain and fatigue
- preparing for appointments
- accessing information to understand conditions and treatments
- feeling more confident getting out and about
- building a network of support around you
- accepting and coming to terms with having a health condition
Sessions with our health coach might be for you if…
- you have a long term health condition or are a carer for someone with a health condition
- don’t feel very confident about coping with your health condition
- would like the chance to talk to someone for more than 10 mins who is focussed on seeing you as a whole person
Your GP, practice nurse or any member of the reception team can refer you to see the Health Coaches, so if you are interested in this, please mention it to one of the team.